Terms and Condition
Our prices are transparent and there are no hidden costs, there is no VAT to add either. The only exception is a parking suspension charge, if applicable – this is charged by your local council – please see Parking (below) for details.
For hourly priced jobs: prices are charged for the started hour and NOT when the hour completes. For example, if the removal time runs into the third hour –say 2 hours 20 minutes – the customer will be charged for 3 hours.
- A minimum of two hours applies to all of our special offers.
- Offers apply only to vehicle specified in the offer and are not applicable to other vehicles.
- Offers do not apply to piano moves or antiques.
- Offers are subject to availability.
- Offer prices are subject to advance payment or payment on the day, offer discounts will be automatically withdrawn and standard prices will apply should eco_move remain unpaid on the day of the job. It is customers’ responsibility to ensure that they have the means to pay for the services. Moving eco_move has to be paid for the discounts to be applicable.
- These conditions should be read in conjuction with actual conditions of the specific offer.
- Parking outside all collection and delivery addresses is customers’ responsibility. If the customer fails to provide legitimate parking, any potential parking penalties will be customer’s responsibility and will be added to the final price of the move. We advise you to arrange suitable parking for the removal vehicle.
- All jobs should be paid on or before the day of the move. eco_move does not offer any credit or pay later services.
- Payments can be made by cash or bank transfer directly into eco_move bank account.
- For long distance jobs i.e. going over 25 miles, 50% payment is requested upfront. Cancellations requests need to be made 3 days prior to the job commencement, in the absence of a timely cancellation request the deposit will be withheld and treated as job cancellation fee.
- If for any reasons, we remain unpaid after the job completion date, we reserve the right to use debt collection agencies to recover the outstanding amount. Debt collection agencies may add their charges on top of the principle amount.
- If for any reasons, we remain unpaid after the job completion date, any discounts or offers will be withdrawn – as they are subject to timely payment, see offers section above – and standard prices will apply irrespective of the reasons for delay.
- Should we need to send out reminders to recover any outstanding monies, each letter will cost additional £15.
- A £25 charge is applicable to all late payments.
Timings & Delays
- Job arrival times are estimated: Several factors beyond our control effect timings, therefore, we cannot be held responsible for inconvenience, loss or damage caused by delays. We advise you not to book trains, flights or other important things based on the estimated time of arrival provided by Moving eco_move.
- eco_move will not be responsible for any delays, inconvenience, loss or damage caused by circumstances that are beyond our control, such as road closures, breakdown of vehicles, etc.
- All jobs are carried out subject to weather. eco_move will not be obliged to carry out a job, should we consider the weather to be adverse. Adverse weather conditions include but are not limited to: snow, blizzards, high winds, hale, or rain. Therefore, eco_move is not responsible for any delays, inconvenience, loss or damage caused by adverse weather conditions.
- To assist our customers smoothly, all our vehicles have breakdown and replacement vehicle covers. However, practically, if a vehicle breaks down before or during a job, it can take up to several hours before the recovery company can repair/replace the vehicle. In the event of such a breakdown we will try our best to send replacement vehicle as soon as possible, nevertheless, we cannot be held responsible for inconvenience, loss or damage resulting from the breakdown.
- Most home insurances would cover your goods in transit when moving home, we strongly advise that you check with your home insurance to ensure you are covered. Should you not be covered, your home insurance may be able to add a cover for a very small premium, it’s always worth asking.
- We can arrange various levels of cover for you, please enquire for details.
- Our quotes or offers do not, by default, include insurance to cover your goods, therefore, contents are moved entirely on customers’ risk.
- All our vehicles have goods in transit insurance – ranging from £5k to £30k -to cover eventualities. Nevertheless, this is purely to cover eco_move liability that may arise in case of eventualities like a road accidents etc. This would not automatically cover your goods for damage.
- We are happy to help customers dismantle their furniture (beds, wardrobes, etc). However, we are not furniture specialist, and dismantling or assembling furniture requests are performed entirely at customer’s risk.
Travelling with us
- We are not insured to carry passengers and we do not encourage customers to travel with us without insurance. Please be advised to arrange your own insurance if you decide to travel with us, otherwise, you will be travelling solely on your own risk and eco_move will not accept any liability arising from your decision to travel with us uncovered.
- Our business is moving contents and not people, therefore, the charges you pay are for moving contents only. If you decide to come along, the journey is free and at your own risk.
- Should you intend to travel with the vehicle, please inform us at the time of booking and ensure that there will be room for passenger.
- For fixed quotes, any additional items to those declared at the time of the quotation may result in change in the final price.
- If keys are not received on time, there will be an additional charge for the waiting time. Our usual hourly rates will apply to the additional waiting times.
- If you are moving within London, cancellations must be advised at least 48 hours before the scheduled removal date. Failing which, £100 cancellation charge or 50% of original price -whichever is greater – will apply. You will appreciate that drivers and porters are reserved for the particular date and other jobs are turned down to ensure that we can assist you on moving day.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the job will incur 100% costs i.e. you will still have to pay for the complete moving costs even if you do not use the service.
- Long Distance cancellations should be advised at least 3 days in advance and there is a 50% (of quoted price) cancellation charge would apply.
- Moving items require appropriate clearance. If we are asked to carry large items up narrow stairways or corridors without reasonable clearance, we will move the items entirely on customers’ risk. In such circumstances, we will not be responsible for any damages to the walls, stairways or the items being moved.
- Packing materials/storage is charged in additional to the removal, unless specified in the quotation.
- eco_move cannot take responsibility if the customer underestimates the capacity of the vehicles he requires and more than one trip is necessary.
- eco_move reserves the right to change man power required for a move. We reserve the right to use more or less than stated men for a number of reasons including – but not limited to – unforeseen circumstances. Extra charges may apply if increased man power is required. Fixed price quotes will not be reduced if concluded with lesser man power. Hourly prices will be reduced/increased to the appropriate – as per prices advertised on the website – hourly charge for the amount of men used. For instance, if 4 men were promised and only 3 were made available, the hourly charge for 3 men will apply. Similarly, if 3 men were promised and 4 men were used, the increased hourly charge for 4 men will apply. The charges will be determined by rates present on our website.
- eco_move reserves the right to cancel or refuse a job if the customer’s behaviour is unacceptable or abusive.
- Porters are allowed 5 minutes break every hour.